Thursday, June 13, 2013

Dorm Bedding Decisions

So the time has come for me to finally start thinking about getting my last-minute college details in order, and of course I chose to begin with my dorm room details! I've already been working on picking up a few things here and there whenever an opportunity arises, but overall, all i've really gotten together are a few bright and bold picture frames in varying colors, a coral-colored storage bin, and some random decorations. And after looking over what i've collected so far, I came to the decision that it was time to get serious and make a decision on my bedding!

I've been doing some researching, and my main goal is to find something that will hold up well, while also not breaking the bank, which is much tougher than it may seem!! And after doing a bit of researching, I found that Pottery Barn Teen seemed like the only provider whose products are well-made, but also very cute (I mean, I do have to live with this stuff for a year or more)! And while PBTeen may be on the pricier end, they offer 10% off with any valid student ID (YAY!).

Here are the two that I believe are my favorite options so far:


This multicolor chevron duvet cover and matching sham are definitely my top choice right now! Not only am I obsessed with chevron, but this bedding includes enough colors to brighten up a drab dorm room any day of the week! Also, I'm finding that it will most likely match all of the other things i've collected for my dorm, so this could be a really valuable piece that could link the whole room together. The duvet cover is currently selling for $69.99!


My second favorite option is this hot pink polka dot duvet cover, also listed for $69.99. I like that it's a little more preppy than the first one, and it might stay a little cleaner in the long run than the first.


And yes, I know this isn't necessarily bedding... But when I stumbled across these monogram pillow covers, I knew I'd need something like this for my future dorm room! I'm definitely admiring the coral one in the upper left hand corner :) which is your favorite?? :)

Let me know which duvet you like better, I need all the help in decision-making that I can get!

Curious what's on my agenda for the fall semester?
First Year Seminar (required)
Beginning Ballet I
Nature of Math I
Wellness
Intro to Psychology
Intro to Academic Writing
Intermediate Spanish Composition
I'm really excited for a few of these because they're brand new to me! Im already on my way to earning my double major in Elementary Education and Spanish!! :) I can't wait!



Xoxo,
Haley

1 comment:

  1. I personally like the second one :) But I might just be a little obsessed with polka dots! My dorm bedding is navy with blue polka dots... :)

    ReplyDelete